I saw an online ad for the Hear Fuse Bluetooth in ear wire free headphones (that's a mouthful. I'll call them hear fuse from now on) and liked the small look of them. I have been on an almost perennial search for a small pair of Bluetooth headphones I can fall asleep wearing and not wake up looking like some S&M participant all tangled up. While doing some googling into the Hear Fuses I found a distinct lack of original information rather than just regurgitating the company's website. I want to add to remedying this issue.
After the Hear Fuses arrived I was a little dismayed to see they use a 2 headed proprietary pin charging cable for USB charging and they are slightly larger than I expected.
You pair each ear piece separately and they magically sync up to give stereo listening, at least that's the theory. I am achieving 60-80% success with dual connection and have required the delinking and relinking by Bluetooth at least 4 times so far this weekend.
- I like that I can just use one if I want, such as laying down or while driving.
- They seem to have decent (multi-hour) battery life with their overall combined charge showing on my iPhones screen.
- The proprietary charger - ugh how annoying - seriously its 2016. I don't want another cable!
- They are a bit bigger than I imagined.
- The website - seriously minimum information provided.
- EDIT: Feb 2017. I have been using the earphones for a while now. I realised that you just Bluetooth pair one headphone and then turn the other on. They talk to each other. Also - side note. The charger is the same as the Nokia small pin plugs. I lost the "Y" cable after a few weeks. I purchased USB micro to Nokia pin converter plugs on eBay - haven't looked back. Upgrade to 4/5.
- Looking for another Bluetooth wireless headphones? Try these